Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More than 6 words for Monday

Jonas had his one year doctor's appointment. He is 24 pounds and 10 ounces, and 31 inches long. The doctor was concerned that he hadn't grown enough since the last appointment...that's a first! I love Jonas's pediatrician, but seriously what is with doctor's PUSHING vaccines like crazy? I said I didn't want him to get the chicken-pox vaccine and she just didn't comprehend. Finally she backed down saying, "we'll just put it on the back burner." Or, how about we just forget it entirely? Thanks. Then there was a stuggle with the MMR vaccine, I've told everyone from the beginning that I want to break it up into three separate shots. Silly me, I thought they would be prepared. They only had rubella on hand, he's supposed to get the other two between now and march, but they won't get them in stock until AT LEAST february. What a headache.

2 comments:

Siobhán said...

have we talked vaxes before? if you ever want to, i'm your gal! we're "non-mainstream" about vaxes and have had to deal with our fair share of idiot practitioners. luckily, we've also had a lot f GREAT practitioners who have given us awesome advice. i meant to comment on this when you first posted it, but got distracted, i guess.

good for you for standing your ground. you're a great mama!

Clong said...

Thanks. Yeah I think we did talk about vaccinations before, when jonas was a wee babe and you and I were kind of new to eachother. It was pretty brief though so I don't expect you to remember it. This vaccination thing is SUCH a headache. Seriously, why do so many medical professionals take it upon themselves to push them like mad? Our previous doc actually said of our decision to split up the MMR, "That's given at 18 months (wrong, it's twelve), your child remembers shots at that point and so making him go through three instead of one is just making him suffer more. And why would you want to make your child suffer?" Thanks for the crackpot advice, I'd rather have him suffer a shot quickly than autism for the rest of his life. She was wackadoo.