Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally, a post with pictures.

This blog has been sorely neglected. Not unlike everything else in my life lately. Basically right now we're all just focusing on keeping our heads above water until this baby comes! I seem to have delusions that I'll be able to get so much more done once she's out of me. While the crazy vomiting that was ever-present in the beginning of the pregnancy has subsided I still have a love/hate relationship with food. I love it. It hates me. I feel sick all of the time regardless of what I do or eat. Obviously the only solution is for this kid to come out. Luckily that is quickly approaching!!! Less than three weeks til the due date, and less than four weeks til the mandatory scheduled c-section (lets all hope she comes before it gets to that point!) This wee one seems far more eager to arrive than the last one, then again she could just be a tease. Doc says the baby's shaping up to be about nine pounds. She seriously doubts the baby will get all the way to ten the way Jonas did. I've heard such promises before. Jonas was supposed to be, "8 pounds at the MOST." Whatever, I've got no problem with nice, big, sturdy babies.

And now the promised pictures.

Here's a picture of how fat I am these days...and by "these days" I mean, like a month ago.

Here's a picture of my kids face with marker all over it. Dry erase does not come off little kid skin as easily as one would think.
Here is a blurry picture of a doll I made for our friend's third birthday.
Here's a doll I made for our other friend's fourth birthday.
Full body shot. The little cape comes off. Adorable, right?
Here's a table runner I made my mother-in-law for mother's day. I've been meaning to make this runner for forever and I finally got around to it.
A little bit closer picture of the fabrics used.
Here's what the easter bunny left Jonas.
Here's Jonas thrilled with "easter hunting," as he calls it.
Here's Jonas actually hunting. We practiced hunting for about a week before easter actually came...and continued to hunt long after.

That's our life lately. There's actually a lot more lying on the couch and sleeping than is pictured here, but you get the idea. Our chickens are doing great. We call one Houdini Chicken, because she manages to escape from the run no matter what we do. They eat scraps like champs and somehow managed to completely destroy their seemingly indestructable waterer. So there are trade-offs. The eggs should start rolling in around August. The garden is not to be this year. Which KILLS me. We have a gopher. I hate him. We bought poison but have yet to stick it into his hole due to lack of reassurance that said poison won't toxify the soil. Toxify? You know what I mean. He's eaten a large chunk of what was planted. I pulled out several plants and fed them to the chickens just to spite the gopher. I really do hate him. Jonas hates him too, and asks every day when we are going to kill it. I have doubts about how healthy this is, but the kid's pretty upset about his pea harvesting being cut short. And lastly, we're all recovering from a horrible cold that Jonas spread around our house. When it rains it pours. This happens every time I let him ride in one of those shopping carts with a little police car on the front. Seriously. Every time.

No comments: